I've jumped in on another of the Relic painting competitions. This time I think I actually stand a chance.
I am very pleased with the colour and highlighting on the red coat, the glowing effect on the green eyes, and the sallow colour of his skin - especially the shading. I used Chinese hexagramatic icons for the wards on the hem of the coat - with weathering to blend the whole thing together. Other than black and white for highlights and shading this is also the first time I've used only three colours on a model.
The base leaves a bit to be desired but I haven't gotten motivated enough to do anything about it.
I'll post an update when the results are in at the end of the month.