Friday, February 26, 2010
My local nerd store asked me to paint up their plastic Venerable Dreadnought preview and I jumped at the opportunity. With the new Blood Angels codex and models on the horizon I decided it would be an opportunity to play with more red paint.
I still have some work to do - and I desperately need better photos so you can see the chipping - but I have to say that I really, really like the model itself.
It is, of course, standing on a base from Secret Weapon Miniatures because a little plug for my baby company never hurts!
Monday, February 15, 2010
The incredible conversion work was done by John at Santa Cruz Warhammer -- and they have been a real pleasure to paint so far!
Yup, my army is getting Rough Riders. Ten of them at the moment. These five are unbased as I'm working on a set of new bike bases for Secret Weapon Miniatures. The urban series should work quite nicely for these guys - although I may put them on "Runic Mountain" bike bases... we'll see.
The Sergeant will keep the red coat to match the command squad and the rest of the unit will have cream coats to match the infantry. The Sergeant is also on an WFB Empire Outrider horse which turns out to be slightly larger than the stock Rough Rider horse.
I love these models and really couldn't be happier with the conversion work that John did for me. He put in a lot of extra little touches - such as the lens on the Sgt. - that have really kicked these up from Rough Riders to VOSTROYAN ROUGH RIDERS WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
I'm nearly finished with the first infantry squad and decided it was time for an update. I've included a close-up shot of the five finished troops and a super zoom of the WIP Sergeant.
Things have been super crazy and I haven't gotten to do as much painting as I would like. I lost my job three weeks ago and have been looking for a new one - and trying to build Secret Weapon - ever since. I'll get some painting done though because I really want to see this squad finished.
I decided to use a red stripe on the left shoulder armor to identify this as the first infantry squad. I'll use similar marks on the other squads so I can tell them apart on the table.
The bases are from my "Urban Streets" line - although these are from the now defunct mold. I'll put the next squad on a set of the new version.