This model was the first major conversion I'd ever done. I finished painting it in November of 2006 with an uninspiring mix of drybrushing and ink washes. I really like the model itself, however, and kept thinking about making another one.
When I couldn't offload this thing via eBay I decided to go ahead and simply repaint it. This time with a much more inspiring mix of glazes and subtle blending.
The arm shown here is probably 50% complete at this stage and I won't be working on it again for awhile as there are too many projects on my plate. Even though my camera makes the blending look a bit sharp I'm pleased with the result -- and the actual model looks quite a bit better.
I didn't find anything in the blog for this project but here is a link to the original work: