Saturday, December 23, 2006
After painting so many tanks on commission I decided it would be fun to paint one to a display quality for myself. I have no idea why I thought this would be fun but it's too late to turn back now.
At this stage I have only completed the first of at least three highlights on the red. No highlights on the black yet. I am also going to try and remove and replace the lettering on the front -- it seemed straight at the time. Oops.
Still a long, long way to go - including a display base. I intend to have the plow beaking apart a barrier on a tiered wooden base. The model will be removable for possible game play. Right now I'd say I am no more than 5% complete. That's five, not fifty.
Good thing I have other projects -- this one is going to drive me nuts before I'm finished.