Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Leman Russ Update

Not a lot of progress at this point but I am very happy with what has been done. Overall I think that the model is progressing very well and may well be competition worthy if I ever manage to finish... and stop changing my mind about the details and little touches.

Something learned: if you're going to attach a vehicle to a display base mark out the location before adding any basing materials... and leave that area bare. I had to go back in with a screwdriver and clear spots for the tank to sit - otherwise it was sitting too high, didn't rest on the tread marks I had added, and ultimately looked like an afterthought.

I plan to make some additional progress tonight and should have an update to post in the next couple of days. I would like to have this one finished within the next couple of weeks so that I can focus on other projects. Here's hoping.

No comments: