Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Terminator Librarian - First Place!

I went back today for the monthly painting group at the local store and found out this fella had taken the win on the competition from last month... with all but one vote!

That makes him my first win and the first piece I've had in the display cabinet.

Points on which I'm told he won:

  • Flesh and character of his face

  • Freehand on the books

  • Text "LUX OCCULTA" on the bookmark

  • Source lighting on the armour



I got more feedback about how he could have used some OSL from the staff -- and, unfortunately, you can still only see the lighting effect in the first photo. Even in the light box the highlights just look like glare since that's where the light actually falls.

His right knee is still blank since I'll probably send this guy to eBay eventually and add whatever chapter badge by request.

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback.

If anyone still wants additional close-up photos just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

YAY!

No comments: