Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Competition Mini: Pedro Kantor - the Blue Edition

I've finally been able to make some time to start in on the blue. The bottom left image is the only one that does any justice to the transitions - but the top left does a fair job of showing the three layers of blue that I used.

I'm.... reasonably pleased. Barring feedback to improve the blues I would consider his right arm and helmet finished. Of course it's likely that I'll come back and change this entirely when I start work on the rest of the blue and wind up happier with the newer sections. That's the curse of painting in shifts though.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Loveing the tri-layed blue's. Also spotted the blue inside the laurel on the fist. To me it looks dark purple rather than blue (it may be a shadow effect though). I am really looking forward to seeing this fisished.