Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Mathieu Fontaine Workshop Ogre


I was lucky enough to spend a weekend with Mathieu Fontaine at one of his masterclass painting workshops. The experience was incredible and this is the Ogre I painted. I'm still not convinced that it's finished - but I'm going to stop here for now and apply the techniques I picked up to other models.

If you get a chance to attend one of these masterclass workshops don't miss it. Really.

My thanks to Mathieu for his incredible help... and patience!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really great.

Care to outline what techniques you used?

Unknown said...

Blending and proper shading were really the techniques I picked up. I'd been trying for years with help from forums and blogs but I'm a kinesthetic learner and having Mathieu there to correct me made a BIG difference.

Pick A Damn Army said...

Wow! I too learn better kinestheticly. I will have to reconsider my thoughts on attending painting seminars.

Unknown said...

Yeah, this was great help to me. If you look through the archives you can see that I've been trying to pick up proper blending for almost two years.

Max said...

That is a nice looking ogre you got there!

Unknown said...

That's what she said!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Many thanks for the comment :)