Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Forge World Executioner


My brass panniers came in today and I wasted no time in getting one onto the Executioner!

Of course I also apparently wasted no time in making sure that the edges were square. I'll fix that.

The detail on the engine is from the panniers frame. The bits on the side are cut brass that will form the top half of the side skirt armor rail.

The panniers are, of course, a Secret Weapon product -- and you get EIGHT panniers in three sizes on the frame. Oh yes, I will have a use for these....

6 comments:

the other Kevin said...

Next vehicle project I get to, I'm going to have to get some of these. They look great! Even the other parts on the sheet have much potential.

One question though, the brass sheet looks like it comes with 4x Medium and 2x small, not the 3 and 3 advertised. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Unknown said...

EEP! Thanks, the other Kevin, you're right! I have corrected the SW site and blog post.

I'm glad that you like the panniers. I'm really, really happy with how they turned out. The little details make a difference and meant less wasted space -- and I've already found use for some on the Executioner.

Col. Corbane said...

This executioner just gets better and better. I'm getting quite envious.

You're inspiring me to up my game on my future tanks.

Unknown said...

Remember that this one is going in for Games Day -- I don't know that all of my tanks will get this degree of attention.

Although I doubt I'll field a tank without panniers any time soon :)

Col. Corbane said...

I can't do that, I really wish I could. Every model I do has to be the best I can do.

Curse of the perfectionist!

Unknown said...

Doing a lot of commission work got me out of the habit. Once I dipped my original Blood Angels army I was cured :)

Of course that's why I like to go all out from time-to-time. This model should be the best I've produced so far -- else why take it to Games Day, right?