Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Props: Severed Thumb
The production of Macbeth that I'm in was using a cheap magicians thumb as a prop and, never being one to leave well enough alone, I decided to bring it home and have a go at making it look less pink and more grim.
I'm pretty happy with the results and think I got a fair representation of pallid, rotting but recently severed flesh. I filled the hollow cavity with resin and there's blood drying in the small lip and along the edges. I used a nice dark colour on the blood since it would be well congealed and oxidized by this point.
I get to unveil it in a couple of hours for our next dress rehearsal and I'm looking forward to the reaction.