Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Competition Mini: Pedro Kantor - ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!!

What I've done:

1. Added mud to the cracked earth base
2. Re-applied the mud on the Rhino
3. Re-painted the right shoulder for a smoother blend (12 layers now)
4. Added the base colours for the metal
5. Added a blue wash to all of the white armor
6. Added a blue wash to all of the blue armor


Things I still need to do:

1. Clean up the mud in the gravel on the base
2. Re-paint the script on his leg
3. Finish the storm bolter w/ blue glazes
4. Paint the banner
5. Take your feedback into account


I know that I have more than one shade of blue on this guy - but that's the result of trying to improve my methods from section to section. That's also one of the reasons I re-painted the right shoulder; it looked VERY dark and should be the brightest.

All-in-all I'm quite pleased. It's not a Games Day model but it's certainly my best effort so far. I've spent more time on this model than anything else I've painted. The Titan will be finished in less time than this guy. Thanks to the feedback I've gotten I know what I still need to improve on and look forward to my next attempt.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Hey there Justin,

Nice looking mine you got there. The white's on the armour are very nice. the layering on the blue armour is simply stunning very nice transition in colour!

Come points of feedback to add to point 5 of your to do list.

The barrels of the Storm bolter especially the muzzles look off for some reason. the right one has a lot more highlight then the left which makes it look weird and unbalanced. Also the gun and ammo chain need some more work to it it looks to flat at the moment. the blue wash and maybe some more shading or highlighting should fix that though.

the tabard or strips in the front look a bit smudgy for some reason they might do well with some stronger highlight or shadow to define their depth a bit more.

all in all it's turning into a stunning model keep up the great week in the coming week and finish this baby.

Cheers CJ

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments. You picked up on a couple of things that should have been on my "to do" list.

I'll clean up the tabard strips a bit more. They do look smudgy in the photos - and since it's photos that go into the contest....

Secundus said...

very nice work!