Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Averland Steam Tank


I haven't had an opportunity to work on a Warhammer Fantasy piece in a long time and when the plastic Steam Tank came out... well, I've been sitting on this model for awhile. Since I was already working with yellow in the airbrush, and had planned to paint this tank in the black/yellow Averland colours, the time was ripe for Steam Tankage.

The model will eventually be mounted on a base that gives the impression of mud and rain. The idea being a long, drawn out campaign as would have been common for troops on foot and horseback. If I ever get around to an Empire force I'll stick with Averland colours and the same theme.

Nothing is glued down at this point and I have a long way to go before I start making things permanent. I will also make the top removable so that the interior can be fully detailed and visible.

1 comment:

CrusherJoe said...

Um....holy CRAP that looks absolutely AMAZING. I love it, especially the little 4-color gauge. :)