Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Averland Steam Tank

One week after launching Secret Weapon Miniatures I started a new day job. I've been so busy that I haven't had much time for painting. Well bugger that!

I get together with a group of folks on most Monday nights to paint and so I finally got back to my Steam Tank. Oh, sure, I did some work on the Imperial Guard Command Squad for my trench base display... but that's beside the point!

There is a lot of work left to be done before this model matches the vision I have for it. I am going to pay special attention to the Engineer sticking out of the top - which will remain removable so I can show off the interior - since he needs to be as weathered as his vehicle.

The base still needs some "wet" mud, a layer of gloss and a bit of additional detailing. I'm happy with how it is coming together though. Likewise all of the body weathering will see some additional work - and I still have to add the decorative elements. So very much left to do.

I'm only taking this model and the Command Squad with me on Monday nights for awhile though. Hopefully this means I'll have another update next week.

No comments: