I'm already in love with this model. I've wanted to paint one for a long time and jumped at the opportunity to take this commission. Of course the photo isn't what I'd like it to be but it's a fair representation on how this is coming together.
The black armor on the body is finished and actually has a VGC "Terracotta" glaze over it to add a red tint. It was highlighted in four layers - only the most extreme of which seems to have made the photo.
The bone was actually built up from "Desert Yellow" and washed with the GW "Devlan Mud" wash. I added some of the wash to a 2:1 "Desert Yellow" and "Bleached Bone" mix and then added more "Bleached Bone" before adding a touch of white for the final highlight.
The gold and red have been base coated but not otherwise started yet. The eyes... well, I'm going to redo the eyes. Although it didn't show up in the photo I'm not happy with the lens effect.
I'll work on getting a better photo this weekend after I've made a bit more progress. In the interim - enjoy!